Wow! I can’t believe how fast the months are going. April was a really good month for me as I was able to get a lot of reading done. It did get a little slow at the end as I had to study for finals this past week but I am done with school until the summer semester starts in a couple of weeks but I am hoping to get a ton of reading done. I am so excited for this month as I was able to get some awesome books from the library that I have been wanting to read fora while now and I was able to get some books that have been on my TBR shelf for a long time. May is also my 21st birthday and while I am not planning on doing anything right now I am hoping to get some new books that are coming out this month.
So here is what I was able to finish at the end of the month:
- Pretty little Secrets: A Pretty LIttle Liars Collection (#4.5) by Sara Shepard:
While this was a good book I am getting the feeling that this series could have finished in just a few books. This book picks up right after Unbelievable (#4). I don’t really read novellas that much but I needed to read it for a challenge I am trying to finish and i am glad I read it. It was definitely helpful in setting the stage for the 5th book, Wicked. This was a 4 star read but still definitely recommended.
2. Shadow and bone (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo:
I really enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend it for anyone who hasn’t read it yet. Sadly I can’t get the next two yet as they are at different libraries than the one that I normally go to and i have already gotten my books for May but I am planning on finishing this trilogy this year. This was definitely one of my favorite books in April and a 5 star read.
3. After by Amy Efaw:
This was one of those books that I have been avoiding for a while and finally decided to pick it up since i needed it for various Spell-it-out challenges that I have been working on Goodreads. I really wanted to enjoy this book as it was kind of a mystery book but I did not connect with the character at all. This was a 3 star read for me but I would still recommend it.
4. Forest of secrets (Warriors #3) by Erin Hunter:
This series is by far one of my favorite series. I have read this series before when I was in middle school (I’ve also read most of the other series as well) and I had a challenge where I had to pick books with animals on the cover only. While I never got to those books during that time I am rereading them now so i can get them off my TBR bookshelf on Goodreads. This was a very fast read and a lot of things happen during it This was definitely a 5 star read for me and I would also recommend it.
5. Wicked (Pretty little liars #5) by Sara Shepard:
This series just keeps getting more and more complex. I am enjoying it though and will continue the series. I rated this one 4 stars and would definitely recommend this series.
6. After the kiss by Terra Elan McVoy:
While this book was a 4 star read for me it was just okay. I enjoyed the characters POV and loved that it was in verse but it was kind of slow going for me. i also read this book during Finals week which was probably why I had a hard time with it and it was a reread for me as I needed it for a bunch of challenges. I would still recommend this book though and any other books by this author.
7. FIrestar’s quest (Warriors Super Edition #1) by Erin Hunter:
This was another great book by Erin Hunter. This series starts just after the original series and before The New Prophecy series and focuses mostly on leaders of the different clans. I haven’t read all of the books in this particular series but I am hoping to get to them at some point again.
8. Ready Player one by Ernest Cline:
This book was definitely a surprise for me. I have never read a book in the cyberpunk Genre before so this was a new world for me and I really enjoyed it. It was a little slow during some parts of the book and I didn’t get all of the technical words used but I still really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys video games, music and movies. I’m still not sure if I should rate this book 4.5 stars or 5 stars but for now my Goodreads rating is 5 stars.
Books I still have to get to this month:
- Lola and the boy next door (#2) by Stephanie Perkins – I am hoping to finish this book today hopefully but it is a little slow going for me. I am not really enjoying this book as much as I thought I would but I will finish it as I need it for a few challenges that I am working on.
- Glass sword (Red queen #2) by Victoria Aveyard – I got this book last week and haven’t had a chance to read it yet. I’m hoping to also get to this one read either today or tomorrow since I have to return it in a couple of days.
- Of Scions and men (#1) by Courtney Sloan – I have had this book on my currently reading shelf for two months now and am hoping to get to this one this week so i can review it on Netgalley.
- False idols (#1) by Alexis Grove – This is another book that i have been ignoring on my shelf and plan on reading it this month.
- Hatred Day (#1) by T.S. Pettibone – Another interesting Netgalley book that I still have not gotten to due to school and other interesting books
Books I have picked out from the library:
I actually own Winter but i thought i would put it with these books too since i am reading only one book that I own this month. I am hoping to get to all of these and maybe a few more by the end of the month but so far this is what I have for May. I am hoping to also write reviews for these this month since I now have a little bit more free time than I did during the Spring Semester.