May was a really good month for me as I ended up reading a lot more than I thought I would and I was able to finish a couple of series that i have been trying to get to and I made progress with quite a few challenges that I had on Goodreads. My 21st birthday was also this week and I had a fun time just hanging out with my family and trying new wines.
This month I ended up reading:
- Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer (5 stars) – This was really good. I enjoyed reading this series and while I am sad to have finished it I am also glad as it was a very good ending to this series. I would definitely recommend this whole series.
- Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) by Cassandra Clare (5 stars) – This was another great start of a series by this author. It really made me want to reread all the original series again and I would definitely recommend this one as well.
- Shadows/Opposition (Lux #0.5, 5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (5 stars) – I had a really hard time getting through this entire series for some reason but I very glad i finished it. I would definitely recommend this one if you enjoy books about aliens.
- This is not a drill by Beck Mcdowell (4 stars) – I was a little surprised by this one but it was still pretty good. I have never read anything by this author but if i can find another one of her books at my library then i might be interested in reading more.
- Lola and the boy next door (Anna and the French kiss #2) by Stephanie Perkins (4 stars) – I don’t really like this series that much but I am interested to see what happens in the last book.
- Impulse (Impulse #1) by Ellen Hopkins (4 stars) – This one was not as great as the crank trilogy but it was still okay.
- Truthwitch (The witchlands #1) by Susan Dennard (4 stars) – I was a little disappointed in this one but I am looking forward to seeing what happens in the next installment.
- Nightshade (Nightshade #1) by Andrea Cremer (4 stars) = This was a reread for me but it had been so long since i had last read it and I still needed to read the other two books in this series that I decided to reread it.
- Origin (Lux #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (4 stars) – This one wasn’t quite as good as the last book but it still had a lot of action in it and I enjoyed reading it.
- Rage of the fallen (The Last Apprentice/Wardstone chronicles #8) by Joseph Delaney (4 stars) – This book was okay. It wasn’t quite as good as the books before it but I enjoyed reading it and I am planning on reading the next one in this series
- Killer (Pretty little liars #6) by Sara Shepard (4 stars) – This book in the series was just kind of meh. I had a bit of a hard time liking the characters and thought about rating it 3 stars but the ending did bump it up to 4 stars. I am taking a short break from this series as I have to read another one of Sara shepard’s books to finish a challenge on Goodreads in June but I am really excited to see what happens in the next book.
- Evil genius (Genius #1) by Catherine Jinks (4 stars) – I picked this one up on a whim at the library as I needed an E for a challenge on Goodreads and I am glad I read it. I was really surprised by how much i enjoyed reading it. There were definitely a few parts where i had a hard time with the main character but it was still pretty good and i would recommend it.
- How to say goodbye in robot by Natalie Standiford (4 stars) – This one was okay. It did not take me very long to get through it but I couldn’t really connect with the main character that much.
- You are here by Jennifer E. Smith (4 stars) – I had a harder time reading this book than I thought I would but I am glad that I read it.
- Through the woods by Emily Carroll (4 stars) – This was really different for me but i enjoyed reading it. It was more of a comic strip book and did not take me very long to read once i got to it.
- Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie (3 stars) – I didn’t really enjoy this book that much. It was just really slow and not much happened until the very end of the book. I am hoping going to read the next two books in this trilogy to see what happens next.
- Biggest flirts (Superlatives #1) by Jennifer Echols (3 stars) – I also had a hard time with this book and didn’t enjoy it as much as I originally wanted to.
- Drowned (Drowned (#1) by Nichola Reilly (2 stars) – I really did not like this book. I really wanted to since the summary sounded good but I just had no motivation to read it although I did finish it. I almost got close to a reading slump with this one though and i am very glad to have it off my shelf as it filled quite a few spots in challenges on Goodreads.
So this was what I read for May and while there were a few downers for this month I was able to read a few really good books. i am super excited for June though and while i probably have way more than I probably should I can’t wait to see how much progress I make with my list.