July ended up getting really busy for me but I was able to finish a lot of books by the end of the month. I am on break now until I have to go back to work and school in a couple of weeks so I still trying to finish a couple of books from July and I am already excited for August even though I have to go back to school too.
Total number of books read in July: 23
Books i still have to read: 5
My favorite books in July:
- Queen of shadows (#4) by Sarah J. Maas – This book did take me over half the year to read but I loved it. I should have a review up later today.
- Yield the night (#3) by Annette Marie – I found the first 3 books on Netgalley and loved them. There should be a review up for these as well.
- An ember in the ashes (#1) by Sabaa Tahir – I have been looking forward to reading this one all year and I was glad I decided to pick it up from the library in July. I would definitely recommend this one.
- The winner’s kiss (#3) by Marie Rutkoski – I bought this one on my kindle around the time that it came out and haven’t had the time to sit down and read it so i picked it up this weekend and finished it in a few hours. I would definitely recommend this trilogy as well.
- Snow like ashes (#1) by Sara Raasch – I wasn’t sure about this one at first but once I sat down and read it I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to get the second one.
- Take a bow by Elizabeth Eulberg – I have had this one on my shelf for a couple of years now and am glad that I picked it up. Elizabeth Eulberg is definitely becoming one of my favorite authors.
4 star books:
- Midnight in the garden of good and evil: A Savannah Story by John Berendt – I picked this one up for a team challenge that am in. I have never read anything from the True Crime genre but I would definitely recommend this one.
- Risuko: A Kunoichi Tale (#1) by David Kudler – I found this one on Netgalley and was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
- Eighth grade bites (#1) by Heather Brewer – I also picked this one up for a challenge and was glad I read it. I will probably pick up the rest of the series next year.
- What Would Emma Do? by Eileen Cook – I wasn’t really sure about this one at first but it did turn out to be better than I thought it would be.
- Revenge of the girl with the great personality by Elizabeth Eulberg – I saw this one on my Overdrive account and decided to read it for a few challenges that i had.
- The shadow queen (#1) by C.J. Redwine – I have been wanting to read this one ever since it came out and I am glad that I did. I wasn’t sure at first about the fairytale part of it but I did love that there were dragons in it.
- Silver shadows (#5) by Richelle Mead – I have been trying to finish this series all year and finally decided to pick it back up again this summer. I didn’t like this one as much as the fourth book but I am excited to see what happens in the last one.
- Heartless (#7) by Sara Shepard – I still have mixed feelings about this series. I plan on finishing it but I haven’t really enjoyed the past couple of books in this series lately.
- Entice (#3) by Carrie Jones – I didn’t enjoy this one as much as I did the first two but I am excited to see where the last one will go.
Other books I read but didn’t really enjoy:
- An uncertain choice (#1) by Jody Hedlund – I picked this book on a whim as i saw it on my Overdrive account and didn’t really enjoy it that much.
- The legend of the blue eyes (#1) by B. Kristin McMichael – I saw this one for free on amazon and thought it would be good book but I didn’t enjoy it as much as I really wanted to. There should be a review for this one sometimes this week.
- Becoming a legend (#2) by B. Kristin McMichael – I saw this one on Netgalley was surprised when I was able to read it. I still didn’t enjoy it but i am glad that i read it as it worked for quite a few challenges on Goodreads. There should also be a review up for this one as well this week.
- The Mother-daughter book club (#1) by Heather Vogel Frederick – I thought this would be a good book but I didn’t like it as much as i thought I would. I had a hard time really liking the characters in the book. I am not sure if I will continue with this series or not though.
Books I still have to finish:
Books for August:
b b b
So here is my list for August. I probably have more books than I should especially with school starting again but I am hoping to get a few of the thicker books that i have read before school starts.
What do you have planned for August?