I can’t believe how fast this year is going. I love October because of the cooler temperatures and Halloween. Today was the first real cool day that we have had but next week also brings cooler weather too so I am really excited about that. I haven’t been reading as much as I usually do as I have been doing homework but I think i might be able to catch up on a few books that i haven’t been able to read this month.
Total books read during September: 13
5 star reads:
- Rebel of the sands (#1) by Alwyn Hamilton – This book took me a couple of months to get through but I am very glad I read it. I definitely can’t wait until the second book comes out in 2017.
- The heartbreakers (#1) by Ali Novak – I wasn’t planning on reading this one for September but I needed it for a team challenge that i have been doing and i am glad that I decided to read it this month.
- Honey and Clover Vol. 1 – I’ve heard a lot of good things about this manga and decided to try it out this month and I really loved it. I think it might become one of my top favorite manga series and I would highly recommend it.
4 star reads:
- After the end (#1) by Amy Plum – I definitely enjoyed this one better than I thought I would even though it took me a few times to get into it. It was different but interesting and i am looking forward to getting the second book hopefully next year.
- Lure of the dead (#10) by Joseph Delaney – I loved this series when I first started reading it but for some reason it has started to slow down and become a little predictable. I will continue the series though since i am very close to finishing this one. I am hoping to finish this series in either December or January.
- Psych Busters Vol. 1 by Akinari Nao – I thought this one was really interesting and I will probably look into the anime show at some point.
- One-punch man Vol. 1 by One – I read this one because a friend of mine on Goodreads and I started it this month. It was not my favorite manga but the plot is interesting and i will definitely be looking to watch the anime version sometime.
- Sword art online Progressive Vol. 1 by Reki Kawahara – I’ve been pretty excited for this series for a while now and decided that I would give it a try. I have watched the first episode on Netflix but I had to stop watching because of homework. I am hoping to pick it back up again when I am on break in December.
- Taken at dusk (#3) by C.C. hunter – I liked the first book in this series but have kind of struggled through the last two that i have read. this one started out a little slow but was still pretty good. I will probably get the fourth book in this series soon.
- A girl called fearless (#1) by Catherine Linka – I’ve had this book on my TBR for a long time. and thought I would try it out. This one was for August but I didn’t finish it by the end of the month so it went into September.I did think this one was pretty good though and am looking forward to seeing what happens in the second book.
3 star books:
- Gathering blue (#2) by Lois Lowry – This one wasn’t as good as The Giver but it was pretty interesting. I will probably pick up Messenger at some point though.
- The art of Lainey (#1) by Paula Stokes – I’ve been struggling with this book for a while and finally finished it this past week. I am glad I read it though as it worked for a lot of challenges on Goodreads but I didn’t quite enjoy it as much as I wanted to.
- Firebolt (#1) by Adrienne Woods – I really wanted to enjoy this one because I love books with dragons in it but I just couldn’t get into this one as much as I wanted to. I did think the plot was good but I couldn’t really connect with any of the characters.
So this month I’ve decided that i really need to make some progress with books that I didn’t finish or start in September. I did get a couple of books from the library but most of the books that I will read will be from my Kindle or books I own.
I am not sure if I will be able to finish all of these but I am hoping to make some progress with most of them. I should also have reviews up for Hunt for the horseman and One was lost once I finish them and I will try to add a couple more reviews as well.
other posts i made last month:
It’s Monday! What are you reading? August 26, 2016
Top Ten Tuesday: My Fall TBR list