Happy New Year!
This year has been a good year even though it has been busy. I am really excited about 2017 though as I graduate from the community college that I am currently at now and will then go to the university that I want to go to for my bachelor’s degree in graphic design.
I was able to get a lot of reading done and while I am still behind I was able to make a lot of progress with some books that I have been trying to work on for a while.
This year i want to work on those books that have been on my TBR since 2013 and 2014 and I also want to work on some of those series that I have been working on as well. I also go back to work at school this week and my first day of class is on the 9th so I will be busy getting used to a completely new schedule but I also have time at school to where I can do my homework so I am hoping to make some progress with the books that I have planned for this month.
Total books read: 15
Goodreads Reading challenge: 170/165 total
5 star reads:
- The beginning of after by Jennifer Castle – I started this one back in August and when school started I never got back to it so I sat down one day this month and finished it in one afternoon.
- Queen of someday (#1) by Sherry D. Ficklin – I got this one for free on amazon last year and never read it so this month I needed it for a challenge on Goodreads and was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
- Empire of storms (#5) by Sarah J. Maas – I was really surprised when I got this from the library because it usually takes me a long time to get new books and while it did take me a while to finish I did enjoy it and can’t wait to see what happens in the next book.
4 star reads:
- This is the story of you by Beth Kephart – This one took me a couple of months to read but it was pretty interesting.
- Touch of frost (#1) by Jennifer Estep – I wasn’t sure about this one at first but once I got into the story it was pretty good. I will probably continue the series at some point.
- Mosquitoland by David Arnold – I had a hard time rating this book at first but it picked up about halfway and I ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would.
- The thief (#1) by Megan Whalen Turner – This was one of those book that I started closer to the beginning of the year and never finished it. I didn’t enjoy it as much as i wanted to but I have heard that the rest of the series is pretty good so i might continue the series soon.
- Beautiful Creatures (#1) by Kami Garcia – I thought the history part of this book was really interesting although I didn’t quite enjoy the book as much as I wanted to. I will continue the series though as i have the second book on my TBR shelf.
- The perfectionists (#1) by Sara Shepard – I started this book later in the year and never got around to reading it again so i decided to pick it up and I ended up reading it in a few hours. I will definitely be picking up the second book next year to see what happens next.
- Zeroes (#1) by Scott Westerfeld – This one was alright. I liked the characters but there were a couple of times where I was confused and it took me a couple of seconds to figure out what was going on. I’m not sure if I will read the second book or not but I may add it to my list for next year.
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer – I picked this one up because I loved Marissa Meyer’s Lunar Chronicles and while I didn’t enjoy it as much as i wanted to it was still pretty interesting and one I would definitely recommend.
3 star reads:
- Hunger (#1) by Jackie Morse Kessler – I didn’t really enjoy this one that much although I may pick up the second book to see if it is better.
- Loser/queen by Jodi Lynn Anderson – I think I might have enjoyed this one more if I was a little younger I still think it was a good story and would recommend it if you enjoy contemporary romance.
- A quest of heroes (#1) by Morgan Rice – I’ve had this one on my kindle for a while and while I usually love fantasy books this one wasn’t that great. I may continue it though if I can get the next book in this series.
- Picture me this by Marina Lovechild – I received this one from the author for a an honest and while I didn’t enjoy it quite that much I am glad I read it because it was from a genre that I have never read before. You can see my review here.
This month I plan on working on those books that are still on my currently reading shelf along with a few books that i have had on my TBR since 2014.
- Books I am still working on:
- Books I am thinking about getting:
So this is what I have planned for January. I am not sure how much reading I will be able to do since I start school back in about a week and I have to go to work this week but I am hoping to make some progress this week hopefully. Since I am doing a Wrap-up/TBR today I won’t do a reading update on Monday but I will start back up next week hopefully. I will have a Top Ten Tuesday post and a couple of reviews up along with some other stuff as well.
What are you planning on reading in January?