This month was another good reading month for me although I didn’t read quite as much as I did for May. I did finish quite a few trilogies and one long series that I have been working on for a long time so i am very excited about that. I also still have about 3 or 4 trilogies that i need to finish so I have gotten a little behind in reading but not much.
For July I plan on only getting about 10 books from the library hopefully and catching up on my currently reading shelf and getting caught up on my Goodreads reading challenge which I am still about 10 books behind schedule. I will probably get behind again as i start school in August but I am hoping to spend July finishing a few challenges and catching up on a few series that I have been reading.
Total Books read: 17
- The beauty of Darkness (#3) by Mary E. Pearson – This one took me a while to get into and it was alright. (4 stars).
- The school for good and evil (#1) by Soman Chainani – I thought this was an interesting take on fairy tales and will probably continue the series at some point (4 stars).
- Catching Jordan (#1) by Miranda Kenneally – I don’t really read a lot of books about sports but this one was ok. I will hopefully continue the series at some point (3.5/5 stars).
- A curious tale of the In-between by Lauren DeStefano – I thought this one was interesting although it did take me a long time to get to (3 stars).
- Ashen winter (#2) by Mike Mullin – I’ve had the third book in this trilogy on netgalley for a while now so I decided to go ahead and get this book For May and while it did take me a long while to finish I thought it was very good and can’t wait to see what happens in the third book (4.5/5 stars).
- The last hero (#1) by Rick Riordan – This one took me a while to finish but I thought it was interesting. I’m hoping to catch up to the third one by July and then maybe finish the serieas when I get on break after my first semester of school hopefully (4/5 stars).
- I am Alice (#12) by Joseph Delaney – This one was a fast read and was just ok (4 stars).
- Fury of the seventh son (#13) by Joseph Delaney – This series took me a couple of years to read but I am glad that i decided to reread and stick with the series even though I thought it was ok. I am not sure if I will read the next series or not though (3.5/5 stars).
- Crystal storm (#5) by Morgan Rhodes – I wasn’t expecting to get this one but I saw it at the library and decided to go ahead and read it. I am definitely excited to see how this series ends when the last book comes out in December (5 stars).
- A Court of wings and ruin (#3) by Sarah J. Maas – This is another book that i got on a whim when I saw it on my Overdrive account and it didn’t take me long to read it although I thought that it was pretty good (4.5/5 stars).
- Ashes to ashes (#3) by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian – I didn’t really like this one that much but it did help with a lot of challenges and finished a trilogy so I am glad that I was able to get it (3 stars).
- The city of ember (#1) by Jeanne DuPrau – This was another book that i picked up on a whim when I saw it on my Overdrive account and thought it was just ok. i haven’t really decided on if i want to continue this series or not but if I do it will probably be next year (3 stars).
- Illuminae (#1) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – This one was definitely interesting and while at some times I didn’t enjoy it i am glad that I picked it up and can’t wait to get the next one in this trilogy (4 stars).
- Of Triton (#2) by Anna Banks – I thought this one was ok. I am not sure if I will be able to get the third book or not as I am not sure that it is at my library but I will try to get it at some point (4 stars).
- Always and forever, Lara Jean (#3) by Jenny Han – This one was another book that i put a hold on when it came out and wasn’t really expecting it until July but I was able to get it when I went to the library for June and I thought it was pretty good. (4 stars).
- A torch against the night (#2) by Sabaa Tahir – This was another one of my top favorites for the month (4.5/5 stars).
- The son of Neptune (#2) by Rick Riordan – This one was definitely better than the first one. I liked most of the characters and can’t wait to see what happens in the Mark of Athena (#3), which I plan on listening to as an audio book in July hopefully (4 stars).
Books I am still working on From May and June:
My first book out of this list to finish is In the Afterlight and I am hoping to read it this weekend so I can take it back to the library.
Most of these books I didn’t start until closer to the end of the month so I am hoping to read them next week and see how many I can read before I go to the library.
This is a tentative list as I don’t have all of the books that I plan on reading yet and I probably won’t get them until the end of the week depending on how many books i can read from my currently reading shelf. Since I will be going to college in August I plan on getting around 10 books or less from the library and 5 ebooks.
Library books I plan on getting:
Books I am getting on my Overdrive account:
Other books I plan on reading for July:
So this is what I have planned for July. I am not sure if I will be able to read all of these but I am hoping to read as much as possible before August.
I will be linking up on Kathryn’s blog, the bookdate for the monthly review.