I am going to go ahead and post this one today instead of tomorrow since I finished the 2 books I was reading.
This month was pretty busy as I have been getting ready for school which starts around August 19. I’ve been busy getting stuff for my dorm and making sure that I have everything set for school. I did manage to get everything in and I am now just waiting for move-day which will be in 3 weeks.
I had a really good reading month in July and even though I didn’t finish all of my library books I do plan to read a lot more in the next couple of weeks or so.
Also with school starting up again I may not be able to post updates as frequently as I have been but once I get into a routine I should be able to post an update or 2 and I will also have an update about school once I am settled in.
Total Books read this month: 23
2017 Reading Challenge: 91
books I read:
- In the Afterlight (#3) by Alexandra Bracken – This one was my least favorite in the trilogy but I am glad that I was able to read it (3.5/5 stars).
- When we collided by Emery Lord – This one took me a little while to read but I thought it was very good (4.5/5 stars).
- Hallowed (#2) by Cynthia Hand – This one was a fast read for me even though it did take me a while to get to but I am looking forward to seeing how this trilogy ends (4 stars).
- Champion (#3) by Marie Lu – This one was alright but it did take me a while to finish though (4 stars).
- End of days (#3) by Susan Ee – This trilogy was pretty good and I was glad that I read it (45/5 stars).
- Noblesse, Season 1 set by Son Jae-Ho – This sounded interesting at first but then it got a little slow toward the end. I may continue the series again at some point (3.5/5 stars).
- Dreams of Gods & Monsters (#3) by Laini Taylor – I felt that this one could have been shorter than it was but I am glad that I finished it since it helped with a lot of challenges that I have been working on at Goodreads (3.5/5 stars).
- Talon (#1) by Julie Kagawa – This one was slow at first but once I got into it I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to see what happens in the next book (5 stars).
- The mark of Athena (#3) by Rick Riordan – (audio book) – This one was my least favorite book in the series so far and while it did take me a little while to get through I am looking froward to finishing the series (3 stars).
- The body electric by Beth Revis – I really wanted to love this one but it did take me a really long time to finish though (3 stars).
- The girl from the well (#1) by Rin Chupeco – I thought this one would be interesting but it did take me a long time to read and sometimes the switching from different POVS got a little confusing but it was kind of interesting =. I am not sure if I will be able to get the second book or not though (3 stars).
- 1984 by George Orwell – This one took me a little while to finish but I was glad that I read as one of my goals this year is to read more classics. I would recommend this one (3 stars).
- The evaporation of Sofi Snow (#1) by Mary Weber – (Netgalley) – At first i thought I would like this one but once I got into it the story kind of slowed down and I felt that a couple of things in the story was kind of confusing but I am glad I read and will probably pick up the second book when it comes out
- Flamecaster (#1) by Cinda Williams Chima – This one took me a little longer to finish but it is definitely one of my favorite books this month (4 stars).
- Inescapable (#1) by Amy A. Bartol – This one was my least favorite book of the whole year but it did help with quite a few challenges so i am glad that I was able to read it (2 stars).
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett – I thought this one would be a good story but once I got into it I thought it was just okay (4 stars).
- Daughter of the pirate king (#1) by Tricia Levenseller – This one is definitely my favorite book of the year and one I would highly recommend (5 stars).
- Crooked kingdom (#2) by Leigh Bardugo – This was also pretty good and I loved all of the characters and the action in the story. This is another book that I would definitely recommend (4.5/5 stars).
- The hate U give by Angie Thomas – This one took me longer than I thought it would but I am glad that I read it and would definitely recommend it (4.5/5 stars).
- Steelheart (#1) by Brandon Sanderson – This book was definitely action-packed and I loved the characters. This is definitely another book that I would recommend and I can’t wait to see what happens next in this series (4 stars).
- The Crown’s game (#1) by Evelyn Skye – This one was a little slow and I liked a few of the characters but I am glad that I read it and I plan on reading the second book this week at some point. (4 stars)
- The woman in cabin 10 by Ruth Ware – I listened to this one and liked the narrator but didn’t really like the main character that much. This one was just okay (3 stars).
- The naturals (#1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – This one was definitely a fast read. It was kind of predictable but overall I thought the mystery was pretty good and I didn’t figure out who the person was until the end of the story. I would definitely recommend this one and I am looking forward to seeing what happens next in this series.
Books I am still reading:
I’m hoping to read these this week but I am not sure how many I will be able to finish. I think i have some due toward the end of the week so I may have to renew a few so I can finish them over the weekend.
This month is going to be a little different because I will be starting school toward the end of the month so for this month I will have a list of books to choose from but they will only be from my Overdrive account and books I own/or have on my kindle.
Potential Overdrive books:
For this list I will probably focus on a few middle grade novels or audio books since I have a category for those on one of my challenges that I am working on at Goodreads.
I am technically currently reading Sunrise (#3) and the Hundredth queen (#1) but I went ahead and put them to this list as I will probably finish them in August hopefully.
Books on my shelf/Kindle books:
So this is what I have planned for August. With it being a new school year for me I may not be able to read as much as usual but I am hoping to read at least a couple of books. my first book that I plan to read would probably be Life of pi by Yann Martel since I have it for quite a few challenges on Goodreads but i am not sure yet.