This is really late this month so I will also be posting books hat I have read in September so far.
It’s definitely been a while since i have posted on here but everything is good. School has started in full swing though so i have been very busy and haven’t really been able to read that much except for a chapter here and there. September looks pretty busy as well since i have a lot of reading in my classes and I found out what my first project was in my Art class today so that will definitely be interesting. I did have a couple of setbacks at the beginning though as I don’t have a roommate at the moment but other than that everything seems to be going well so far.
August was a very good month at the beginning but kind of tampered off towards the middle. I did get a lot of books that have been on my shelf for a long time and am now caught up except for a few Netgalley books that I am not sure when I will be able to get to yet. I also decided to reread the harry potter series again and I have just started reading the first 1 and have made some progress with it so far.
September has been pretty hectic lately with the amount of homework that I have had. I’ve read a few books so far but not very many. I’ve started working on my second project in art and it is slightly easier than the first one so far. I’ve officially settled in my dorm although there are still a few things that I will need but so far so good. I don’t really have a TBR for October although I am still continuing my reread of the Harry Potter series along with a couple of other books hat i have picked up.
Total Books Read: 16
For this one I will just have the links to each Goodreads page:
- Beautiful Darkness (#2) by Kami Garcia – This one took me a little longer to get into but it was okay. I plan on listening to beautiful chaos (#3) at some point this year hopefully (4 stars).
- Sunrise (#3) by Mike Mullin – This one took me a while to get to but once I started reading it, I didn’t take very to finish it and it was pretty interesting (4 stars).
- Witch Hunter Vol.1 by Jung-man Cho – This one was interesting and I definitely can’t wait to see what happens next. I might also watch the anime as well at some point (4 stars).
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover – This one took me a while to get to and while I thought it would be interesting, it was actually not that great for me. I might read a couple of other books by this author though since this one is only my third one (3 stars).
- The bear and the nightingale (#1) by Katherine Arden – This one was a little slow to get into at first but it picked up after the first few chapters and ended up being really good. I definitely can’t wait until the second book comes out (4 stars).
- Mostly good girls by Leila Sales – I added this one to my shelf a few years ago and i didn’t really like it that much. I do have a couple of other books by this author on my shelf and will hopefully get to those at some point (3 stars).
- The rose society (#2) by Marie Lu – This one was just okay for me as I struggled to get into it for a while but I finally sat down one afternoon and finished it. I am glad hat I read it though and am interested in seeing how this series ends (4 stars).
- Soul eater Vol. 1 by Atsushi Ohkubo – This one was okay. I may watch the anime to see if it is better but I may not continue the series until next year (3.5 stars)
- Sweet evil (#1) by Wendy Higgins – This one took me a while to read but it was slightly better than I thought it would be. I will be continuing this series since i have all 4 books on my TBR list for some challenges that I am working one this year (4 stars).
- Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles Vol. 1 by CLAMP – This one was interesting and I look forward to continuing this series. I will also be watching the anime at some point (5 stars).
- The eternity cure (#2) by Julie Kagawa – This is definitely one of my favorite trilogies by this author and can’t wait to see how it ends in The forever song (5 stars).
- The honor student at magic high school Vol. 1 by Tsutomu Satou – This is another series that I am looking forward to as well (4.5 stars).
- The God only knows Vol. 1 by Tamiki Wakaki – This one was not my favorite manga that I read this month. I probably won’t be continuing the series but I am not sure yet (3.5 stars).
- The crown’s fate (#2) by Evelyn Skye – This one was not as great as the first book in this duology but it was still very good and one that I would recommend (4 stars).
- Unspoken (#1) by Sarah Rees Brennan – This was one of those books that I wasn’t really sure about and after reading it, the story wasn’t really that great but I am still kind of interested in reading the second one to see if it gets better (3 stars).
- Life of pi by Yann Martel – This one was okay and was actually a fast read for me. It is one I would recommend (4 stars).
So this is what I have read so far in August. I will also have September up as well but it is a much smaller list than for August.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s stone (#1) by J.K. Rowling – This is definitely my favorite series and one that I have read many times. It has been a while since I have read this series so this year I decided to reread them and eventually watch the movies again at some point (5 stars).
- The Martian by Andy Weir – This one definitely took me a long time to read but I finally finished it this month. If you like Science Fiction I would definitely pick this one up. I look forward to reading more by this author (4 stars).
- Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets (#2) by J.K. Rowling – This one was definitely a fast read for me and I can’t wait to start reading the third book hopefully later this week.
Books I am currently reading:
Tentative list for October:
I might also be able to squeeze in a classic horror novel as well but with midterms coming up during this month I may not be able to read as much.
So this is what I have for October. I’m sorry this got up so late but with school in full swing I probably won’t be able to post much until December. I do plan on posting at least once a month but I am not really sure when yet.