I know that i already did my monthly update but I decided to try a yearly update where i talk about what my favorite book was, what my least favorite book was, what my shortest book was, and what my longest book was. I will also talk about what my new favorite author was and a few books that i am looking forward to next year. I will also talk about some reading and blogging goals that i have for 2018.
This list will be based on what My Year in Books was according to Goodreads.
My favorite book of 2017:
A court of mist and fury (#2) by Sarah J. Maas:
This one is definitely my favorite book of 2017. I wasn’t sure about this series at first and while I thought the first one was pretty good, this one was definitely a lot better. There was definitely a lot more action and the characters really changed in this novel as well. This is a series I would highly recommend.
My least favorite book of 2017:
Inescapable (#1) by Amy A. Bartol
Inescapable was probably my lowest rating of the entire year. It sounded really good but I couldn’t connect with the characters in this story.
My shortest book of the year:
Never, Never (#1) by Colleen Hoover:
This was another book that i thought I would enjoy but ended up not liking. It’s also a fast read though and helped with some challenges on Goodreads as well.
My longest book that I read:
Noblesse Season 1, Set by Son Jae Ho:
This one actually surprised me by being the longest book on my shelf and it was alright. I may watch the anime at some point this year to see if I like the show as well.
New Favorite authors:
The body finder (#1) by Kimberly Derting:
I honestly wasn’t sure about this at first but once I started reading it I know that i had to know what happened at the end of the story. I would definitely recommend this book and can’t wait to continue the series later this year.
Steelheart (#1) by Brandon Sanderson:
This did take me a while to read but once i got into it the story was really good. I am looking forward to continuing this series sometime this year and read more by this author as well.
Most anticipated books for 2018 January-March:
- Poison’s cage (#2) by Breeana Shields: (January 16th)
- The girl in the tower (#2) by Katherine Arden (January 25th)
- Immortal Reign (#6) by Morgan Rhodes (February 6th)
- Daughter of the siren queen (#2) by Tricia Levenseller (February 27th)
5. Obsidio (. I’3) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (March 13th)
6. Restore me (#4) by Tahereh Mafi (March 6th)
7.Hero at the fall (#3) by Alwyn Hamilton (March 6th)
8. Lost Crow conspiracy (#2) by Rosalyn Eves (March 27th)
Reading Goals that i have for 2018:
- One goal that i have this year is to make some progress with the Pretty little liars series. I haven’t really made a lot of progress with this one and i am on #8 so I want to read as many as I can this year and hopefully finish the series if I can.
- I also want to make some progress with the Temperance Brennan series by Kathy Reichs. i just got the first book in December and haven’t read it yet so I am hoping to read some of the series this year as well.
- I also want to keep track of the Netgalley books that i request. I usually request four or five at a time sometimes, so this year I want to make sure that I read all of my Netgalley books and write reviews for them before I request more.
- I am still going to do a Bucket list of books this year but instead of doing 100 books I am bringing the number down to 75 books to see if I can make more progress with it.
- This year I am hoping to have a few more discussion posts but I don’t have a set schedule yet. I am waiting to see how the first couple of weeks of school goes before I get into a set schedule but I will try to have a few more posts up when i can.
- I also want to comment more and visit other blogs and try to comment as well.
- I also want to post more book reviews than I did in 2017 and improve my writing skills as well.
- I also want to make my own header picture but i haven’t really figured out what I want to do yet so it may be later in the year before I make anymore changes but I am hoping to keep the theme that I have right now.
So this was what my year in Reading Looked like and my goals that I have for 2018.
Happy New Year!