So this month was pretty productive in reading even though i started school again and have a ton of reading in my classes. I’m probably going to have to slow down though as I have a paper due in March and I have a few others that are coming up behind it as well. I also have to read a book for my communications class where i have to turn off all of my social media while I read this book (this is the one that is due in March). I am hoping to finish a few books in February as they are ones that I have already made some progress with this month but might not be able to finish them before the end of the month. I did get some new books from the library that i am really excited to read though and I am planning some reviews in February as well. I don’t know how often i will be able to post yet though since the semester is getting busier but I am hoping to squeeze in a few hopefully.
Total # of books read: 13
So instead of posting the pictures like i usually do I decided to just post the link for these and then when I do my TBR I will post the pictures then.
- Nevernight (#1) by Jay Kristoff (3 stars) – This one was a lot darker than I thought it would be so it took me a little longer than I thought it would but I did like some of the fantasy in the story. I do still plan to read the second book at some point though.
- The winter people by Jennifer McMahon (4.5/5 stars) – I honestly thought that
- One of us is lying by Karen M. McManus (4.5 stars) – I picked this one up on a whim and really enjoyed it. There were a couple of characters that I didn’t really like but I thought it was interesting,
- Vampire kisses (#1) by Ellen Schreiber (3 stars) – I only picked this one up because I had the third book in this series for a challenge on Goodreads that I am hoping to finish but it was kind of cheesy compared to others. It was a fast read though and I am glad that I picked it up.
- Kissing coffins (#2) by Ellen Schreiber (3 stars) – This one was about the same as the first one but it was a fast read and I could fit it in some other challenges that i have on Goodreads.
- Vampireville (#3) by Ellen Schreiber (3 stars) – I had this one for a challenge that I have been working on since 2015 and am hoping to finish this year since i only have a few books left to read and it was alright.
- Deja dead (#1) by Kathy Reichs (4 stars) – This was another one that I had for a challenge although I was a big fan of the show Bones and picked it up because of it. It was okay though I will continue the series to see if it get better.
- We are all made of molecules by Susin Nielsen (3.5/5 stars) – This one was okay. There were a few characters that I didn’t like but I thought the story was interesting.
- Harry potter and the order of the phoenix (#5) by J.K. Rowling (reread – 5 stars) -This is one of my favorite series though this one did take me a little longer to read than usual. This is a series that I would highly recommend.
- When Dimple met Rishi by Sandhya Menon (4.5/5 stars) – This one was a lot better than I thought it would be although I did think that it started off pretty quickly but I loved the characters.
- A monster calls by Patrick Ness (3.5/5 stars) – This was a sad book and fast read but I thought it was ok.
- To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee (4.5/5 stars) – This was one of my favorite books that I read when I was in high school so I thought I would reread it and it was still really good.
- The last girl on Earth by Alexandra Blogier (4 stars) – This one was surprisingly better than I thought it would be and pretty fast paced. There should be a review up by the end of the weekend hopefully.
TBR books I am currently reading now:
I got a little overexcited with ebooks this time as I have just added a new library while I am at school and they had a lot of books that I would normally have to wait for the library to get them or get them at a different library so I am really excited to read these.
Books I own:
Book to read for paper – library book:
So this is what I have planned for this month. I don’t think I will be able to get through all of them but my goal is to read a few books on my shelf that i have had on there since last year so i can add some new ones.