February was a really good month for me considering I did get a lot of papers at the end of the month that I am still working on but things are going well. I ended up reading a lot of short standalones this month and a few series books that I have started I was also able to start A storm of swords and I think I might have a schedule where I can finish it in a couple of months though I am not sure. I have Spring break in about a week or so and I am hoping to catch up on my thicker books that I haven’t been able to read so my TBR for March will be a little longer than it was before. The weather has also been unusually warm which is good and we even got around 80 degrees a couple of days though it has also been really rainy lately. March looks to be pretty busy so far so I might not b able to read as much as my spring break ends but I should be able to squeeze in a few books here and there.
Total number of books read: 11
- The rogue queen (#3) by Emily R. King – This was better than the first two. I really liked the characters in the story and the fantasy and am interested in seeing what happens in how the story ends in the next book (3.5/5 stars).
- Out of my mind by Sharon M. Draper – I’ve had this one on my shelf for a long time and had the opportunity to get it on my Overdrive account so I went ahead and got it. I really enjoyed it and I am glad that I was able to read it (4/5 stars).
- Goodbye stranger by Rebecca Stead – I thought I would end up enjoying this one but I had a harder time with it then I thought I would even though I only read it in a couple of days or so (3 stars).
- Quiet: the power of introverts in a world that can’t stop talking by Susan Cain – I read this book for a paper in one of my classes where I had to turn off my social media while I read and it ended up being really good. I learned a lot of new information as well. This is one that I would definitely recommend (5 stars).
- You were here by Cori McCarthy – I picked this one up on my overdrive account and while there were times where I had mixed emotions about it, I did end up enjoying it a lot and I can’t wait to read more by this author and would recommend this one (4 stars).
- Frostblood (#1) by Elly Blake – I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this one. This is another one that I would recommend (4.5/5 stars).
- Wanted (#8) by Sara Shepard – This one was ok. It was a fast read though and it helped with a few challenges on Goodreads as well (3 stars).
- The fourteenth goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm – I had a harder time with this one than I thought I would but I really enjoyed the ending and loved the characters so it was alright (4 stars).
- The thousandth floor by Katharine McGee – This one was ok. I thought the story was interesting and fast paced but I didn’t really like any of the characters that much except for a couple (3 stars).
- Marked (#1) by P.C. Cast – I read this one back in high school and at the time I thought it was okay but when I read it this time I didn’t really enjoy it as much (3 stars).
- Ash Princess (#1) by Laura Sebastian. – I have mixed feelings about this one. ON one hand I really loved the book but on the other hand, it was a little predictable. I received this one from NetGalley so I should have a review up when it comes out(4 stars).
SIcnce I have SPring break in about a week and a half I figured I would make my TBR list a little longer than usual though I am not sure if I will be able to go to the library or not.
So this is what I have planned for March. I’m not sure how many books I will be able to read but with Spring break coming I am hoping to finish up a couple of books for some challenges that I am working on finishing on Goodreads.