This post got finished a little later than I thought it would but the last couple of weeks have been extremely busy and today has been the first day that I have been at home all day. April was an extremely busy month for me as I only finished three books that month so May is catch-up month for me hopefully. I did finish the Spring semester last Friday and I think I did well except for one class that I didn’t do as well as I had hoped. I also started work the day after I got back home and trained on Saturday and Sunday, and then they let me loose on Monday. I then had an unexpected abscess on my tooth and had to take yesterday off to go to the doctor and rest so I am hoping to go back to work tomorrow though I’m not entirely sure if I will be able to yet. I did finally go to the library on Monday and I was able to get a handful of books but I probably have more than I will be able to read so there might be a few that will have to go to my June TBR list. I also start online summer classes on Monday as well.
Total Number of Books read in April: 3
- Vicious (#16) by Sara Shepard – This series took me a while to read and while it was not my favorite series that I have ever read, I am still glad that I read it. This series has been on my shelf for a long time so I finally decided that this would be the year that I would finish this series. I thought the first 8 books in the series was really good but the last 8 were not as good as the first ones. It did help with quite a few challenges on Goodreads (3 stars)
- The Serpent king by Jeff Zentner – This one was not quite what I expected, but it was still really good. I enjoyed the characters and could relate to them as well. It did take me a while to finish but every time I picked it up I really enjoyed it. I will definitely be reading more by this author (4.5/5 stars).
- The queen of Attolia (#2) by Megan Whalen Turner – While The Thief took me a while to finish, The Queen of Attolia was definitely much more fast-paced than the first. I loved the characters and while some of the twists were not what I expected, it really kept the action going throughout the story. I am definitely continuing this series and can’t wait to see what happens next (5 stars).
This list is longer than usual and I probably won’t be able to finish all of the books that I have planned for this month with summer classes coming up and work but I am hoping to make a lot of progress and will hopefully finish some books that have been on my TBR for a long time.
Library books I am reading:
- The raven king (#4) by Maggie Stiefvater – This book has been on my shelf for a few years and it was one of those books that would get added to my list only to find out that it had been checked out already. I’m hoping to read it this month since it will end a series for me and help with quite a few challenges on Goodreads that I am hoping to finish this year.
- Lies (#3) by Michael Grant – This is another series that has been on my shelf for a long time and I am hoping to make some progress with it this month and hopefully finish the series this year.
- Don’t stop now by Julie Halpern – I’ve had this on my shelf for a few years so I thought I would give it a try. I’ve seen mixed reviews for it so I’m not sure of how I feel about it now but it seems like it is a fast read so I will probably pick it up soon.
- Conversion by Katherine Howe – I think I have read this one before but I don’t remember if I did so I went ahead and picked it up. I’m not entirely sure about it since it does have some historical fiction to it but it does sound interesting.
- Immortal reign (#6) by Morgan Rhodes – This book is one of my most anticipated books of 2018 so I am super excited to finally be able to read it. I’m hoping to pick it up soon.
6. Free to fall by Lauren Miller – This is another one that I am kind of skeptical about but I am willing to give it a try to see if I will like it.
7. You against me by Jenny Downham – I’ve had this one on my shelf for a while and finally decided to pick it up.
8. The forever song (#3) by Julie Kagawa – Julie Kagawa is one of my favorite authors, though it has taken me a while to get to the rest of this trilogy.
9.Death du Jour (#2) by Kathy Reichs – I’m still a little hesitant about this series but so far it has been good so I will hopefully get to it soon.
10. Uprooted by Naomi Novik – I’ve heard a lot of good things about this book so I’d thought I would give it a try.
11. Blackout (#1) by Robison Wells -I picked this one up a couple of years ago and wasn’t able to really read it since I had to take it back to the library so I thought I would give it another try this month to see if I would like it.
12. The Haven by Carol Lynch Williams – This is another one that I am not entirely sure about but it has been on my shelf for a few years so I thought I would give it a try.
May TBR – Ebooks that I am reading:
- The bone witch (#1) by Rin Chupeco – This one got added to my list at the last minute as I am doing a buddy read for it with one of my monthly challenges and I have read a few chapters of it so far. It is a little confusing with the flashbacks but it is interesting so far.
- Night star (#5) – This one has also been on my shelf for a while so I thought I would try to finish the series this month. It also helps with quite a few challenges on Goodreads as well.
- Panic by Lauren Oliver – This is another one that I have been trying to read for years but just haven’t gotten to it yet. I am going to try and read it this month but it may get added to my June list. I’m determined to read it this year though.
- Salt & Stone (#2) by Victoria Scott – I loved the first book, Fire & Flood, in this duology and knew that I would eventually pick this one up so I am hoping to get to this one at least over the summer.
- The shining (#1) by Stephen King – I’m not sure about this one yet as this is my first Stephen King novel but I am hoping that once I get into the story I will enjoy it.
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer (#1) by Leigh Bardugo – I’ve started this one and so far it seems interesting though I am not sure if I will finish it before the month since I have so many books to read. I’m hoping to read it over the summer though if I am not able to finish it this month.
- Captain blood by Rafael Sabatini – I picked this one up for a classic book that I needed for one of my challenges and it seems okay though I have not made a lot of progress with it yet.
- We are okay by Nina LaCour – I don’t know a lot about this book but it seems to have a lot of good reviews so I thought I would give it a try.
Books I own:
- Warcross (#1) – I started this one a while ago and it is really good so far. I’m hoping to finish it this month or over the summer hopefully.
- Tiger’s voyage (#3) by Colleen Houck – This is another one that I have been trying to read for a while and just haven’t gotten into it yet. I’m hoping to make some progress with it this month though.
- A storm of swords (#3) by George R.R. Martin – I’ve been reading this one since I finished a clash of kings last summer and have not been able to really make a lot of progress with. I did finally get to read a few chapters back in April but haven’t picked it up since. I am determined to finish it at some point this year though.
- Gemina (#2) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – This is another one that I have had a hard time getting into but I am hoping to finish it this month.
So this is what I have planned for this month. I probably won’t get to all of the books that I have planned but I am hoping to make a lot of progress with them hopefully. I’ll be busy with school for a couple of months but I am hoping to squeeze in some reading and see if I can finish some books that I have.