Well, May was a lot busier than I thought it would be but overall, it was a good month. I did better with this semester than I thought I would and I ended up with a higher GPA this semester than last semester. I also started a new job right after I finished the school year, which meant that I didn’t really get to catch up on sleep or anything as I went straight in to work. The good news is that the place that I got hired at is about 5 minutes from home so I have mostly been just going straight to work and then home. I also started my online classes and while I have struggled with them I am hoping that I will be able to focus more now for the month of June I was able to finish quite a few books considering my busy schedule and was able to get some books and series finished that have been on my shelf for a long time. Thursday was also my 23rd birthday and I went out to dinner with my family and I also ended up having a really good strawberry margarita as well.
For June though, there have been some slight changes as I am extremely busy with work and school. For this month I am planning on getting more ebooks instead of physical books and I am only getting few books from the library. This will change in July though, as I will only have work to do instead of classes too. Also, one of my classes requires that I have a blog during the time frame and it also requires us to use Wix. I have the same blog idea there that I have here but I will be doing some more reviews there in June. I will give you guys the link if you want to check it out. I”m not sure if I will keep the blog on Wix after June, but I am planning on coming back to WordPress in July so I will have my June wrap-up/ July TBR post at the end of the month as well.
Here is the link to the blog that I have on Wix: yabookblog
And here is my May Wrap-up/June TBR:
Books Read: 12
- Free to fall by Lauren Miller – I have to admit that I was wary of this one but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed reading it. I loved the characters and the romance was pretty good as well. There was a ton of action but there was also a mystery as well. I almost wish that this one had become a duology but it was also good to read a standalone in this genre as well. This one I would definitely recommend (4.5/5 stars).
- Don’t stop now by Julie Halpern – This one was a fast read for me but I wasn’t a huge fan of the characters. I thought the plot was okay as well. I am glad that I read it though as it has been on my shelf for a long time and it helped with quite a few challenges on Goodreads too. (3 stars)
- Reflection: The stranger in the mirror (#1) by Rachel R. Smith – This one started out really slow for me as I wasn’t entirely sure of what was happening in this story but I got to around halfway, the action really picked up and I really started to enjoy it more. I also really loved the characters as well (3.5/5 stars)
- The Haven by Carol Lynch Williams – I picked this one up thinking it would be really good but I couldn’t really connect with the characters that much. This one was a fast read though, and it helped with a few challenges on Goodreads as well (3 stars).
- The bone witch (#1) by Rin Chupeco – I was a little wary of this one as I have seen mixed reviews on it but once I started reading it, I definitely enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I wasn’t sure if I would like the flashbacks as much but I found myself really enjoying both the characters and the plot. There were times where it seemed a little slow but I think it balanced out the action well. There were some things that I wished we knew more about but I’m hoping that we will find out more in the next books (4 stars).
- We are ok by Nina LaCour – I picked this one up for a monthly challenge and it was ok. I wasn’t really a fan of the characters but I thought the story was okay. (3 stars).
- Immortal reign (#6) by Morgan Rhodes – This one was my most anticipated book of 2018 and while I thought that it could have been better I still enjoyed the story and was a little sad when I finished the series. I would highly recommend this series as well. (4.5/5 stars).
- Panic by Lauren Oliver – I thought I would enjoy this one but I had a really hard time connecting with the characters and I thought the plot was okay. I will pick up more books by this author but I just wasn’t really into this one that much (2.5/5 stars).
9. Salt & Stone (#2) by Victoria Scott – I really loved the first one but I didn’t like this one as much as I thought I would. There was a lot of action in t and the story was okay. I did like some of the characters but there were times where I didn’t really like the main character that much. It was a fast read once I got into it and I think it ended well too (3.5/5 stars).
10.Blackout (#1) by Robison Wells – I was surprised by how fast I read this one this time around. I picked this book up about a year or two ago and had a hard time getting into it, but this time it only took me a few days to read it. I do wish that there was a little bit more world-building in the story but I thought the characters were okay. I may pick up the second book at some point but I’m not sure when (4 stars).
11. Tiger’s voyage (#3) by Colleen Houck – This one took me a lot longer than I thought it would. I loved the first two books in this series but I had a hard time with this one. I loved the characters and the story was good, though I did have a harder time with the romance in this one for some reason. I will eventually get the 4th book though (4 stars).
12. The Raven King (#4) by Maggie Stiefvater – I was surprised by how much I enjoyed reading this one. I wasn’t a huge fan of the last couple of books in this series and there were some things in this book that I wasn’t sure about but I thought it was a good conclusion to the series and was glad that everything worked out. There were some things that I was surprised by as well (4 stars).
Library books and ebooks I’m still reading;
These are both ebooks and library books that I still reading, that I hope to finish this month. My two biggest books that i”m hoping to finish are The Shining and A storm of swords. I probably won’t start A feast of crows until next year as a storm of swords is taking me a lot longer than I thought it would but I am hoping to continue the series at some point next year.
For June I won’t have any library books since I am still reading some from last month as well and I have a ton of hw that I need to work on as well. I’m that I will be able to get some for July though. I will be focusing on a lot of ebooks that I have though, and am hoping to finish a few more series as well.
Ebooks I ‘m reading in June:
I forgot that I put Tess of the road in my other list but I am hoping to finish it this month hopefully. I also need to finish Nyxia Unleashed as well and should have reviews up once I finish them.
So this is what I have planned for this month. I am hoping to get to all of them but I am not sure if I will since I a lot of homework that I need to do as well.