This post got out a lot later than I intended. I have about a week before I move back into school so I’m going to try and read all of these before next Saturday so I can take them back to the library. I have a smaller TBR this month due to school starting, though I will have some ebooks that I will be reading too. I’m also planning to catch up on some movies on Netflix that I have started, and I’m hoping to visit with some friends before we head back to college again.
Books I’ve read in August so far: 3
- Rogue (#2) by Julie Kagawa – I enjoyed this one more than the first one. I loved that we had more POV’s from other characters, and we also gained a lot more information about what Talon wanted as well. I”m definitely looking forward to reading soldier, though it will probably be a while before I can get to it (4 stars).
- Starflight (#1) by Melissa Landers – This one was okay, I didn’t really like the main characters at the beginning of the novel though they were better toward the end. The ending was also different than I thought it would be. I”m looking forward
- Fatal voyage (#4) by Kathy Reichs – This one took me a lot longer to read than the others but it was still pretty good.
Books I am currently reading:
- This mortal coil (#1) by Emily Suvada – I’m having a harder time with this one than I thought I would so I went ahead and got a physical copy instead of the ebook to see it would work better.
- The assassin’s blade (#0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas – This one is also taking me a while to get into but I’m hoping that once I get into it I will enjoy it.
- Siege and storm (#2) by Leigh Bardugo -I enjoyed the first book in this trilogy, tho this one is taking me a little longer to finish than I thought it would. It was a little slow at first, but it picked up around halfway so I”m hoping to finish it by the end of the week as well.
- Wings of the wicked (#2) by Courtney Allison Moulton – I’ve only read a few chapters in this one, though it seems interesting so far. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens in this one as well.
- The darkest part of the forest by Holly Black – I’ve gotten about halfway in this one, but I haven’t picked it up since. I’m hoping to finish it tomorrow.
- Shades of earth (#3) by Beth Revis – I’ve only read a couple of chapters in this one but I’m hoping to make some progress with it by the end of the week.
- Golden son (#2) by Pierce Brown – I finally decided to pick this one up on my Overdrive account and even though I’ve only read a chapter or two, it is really good so far. I”m not sure if I will be able to finish it by the end of the week but I’m hoping to make some progress with it this week.
- Everlasting (#6) by Allison Noel – I wasn’t really a fan of the last two books in this series but I thought I would go ahead and get it as an audiobook
- Obsidio (#3) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – I loved the first book in this trilogy, and I thought the second book was alright, so I went ahead and picked up the third one. So far I am definitely enjoying it more than the second one and am looking forward to seeing how the series ends.
- Grave secrets (#5) by Kathy Reichs – I am really enjoying this series so far and am looking forward to seeing what happens in this one. I will probably finish it in the next couple of days or so.
- Bare bones (#6) by Kathy Reichs – I’m going to try and read this one as soon as I finish Grave Secrets though I will have to work through some other books before I can get to it.
August TBR -Books I still need to read:
- Reap the shadows (#4) by Annette Marie – I loved the first three books in this series so I went ahead and bought this one on my kindle. I haven’t been able to get to it yet but I am hoping to get
- Monday Mourning (#7) by Kathy Reichs – I am reading through this series a lot faster than I thought I would so I went ahead and picked up Grave secrets (#5), Bare Bones (#6) and this one. I”m hoping to finish these three by the end of the week hopefully since I’ll have to take them back to the library before I move back to school.
- The Wednesday wars by Gary D. Schmidt – I’m not entirely sure about this one yet but it will work for a challenge that I am trying to finish, so I’m hoping to finish it by the end of the week as well.
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll – This is another one that I picked up for a challenge that I am working on, and it was one of my favorite classics when I was younger as well.
- Atlantis and other Places: Stories of Alternate history by Harry Turtledove – I don’t know about this one either but I thought I would give it a try. I’ve got the audiobook so
- The boxcar children (#1) by Gertrude Chandler Warner – This was another one of my favorite series when I was younger, so I thought I would reread it for a few challenges that I am trying to finish as well.