Happy Monday and Labor day for those that celebrate it. I had the day off school today so I’ve been blogging and working on homework though I do have a couple of papers that i need to get to by the end of the day.
This is super late but I finally have it up even though it is in September. I also have a couple of other tags that I am thinking about adding here over the next couple of weeks depending on my schedule.
- Best book you’ve read so far in 2019?
- I’ve read a lot of books this year that were disappointing, but I think the ones that I really enjoyed was the red rising series, both Golden Son (#2) by Pierce Brown and Morning star (#3). I think Morning star was probably my favorite in the series so far as Golden Son took me longer to get through. I enjoyed both and would highly recommend if you are looking for a really good sci=fi series.
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2019?
- I don’t usually read many new releases as I have a lot of books that came out over the last two years that I still need to get to, but the best sequel that I have read this year is Daughter of the siren queen (#2) by Tricia Levenseller.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to?
- I’m thinking about picking up Slayer (#1) by Kiersten White. I finished Bright we burn (#3) toward the beginning of the year and really loved that trilogy so I’m kind of interested to see if I enjoy this one too. Kiersten White’s novels are kind of a hit or miss with me so we’ll see how it goes.
4. Most anticipated release for second half of 2019?
- The secret commonwealth (#2) by Philip Pullman. My library already has this on preorder on Overdrive and I am number two in line. It’s unfortunately coming at a really bad week for me since I have midterms to study for in the first week of October, but I am excited for it as I enjoyed the first book.
5. Biggest Disappointment?
- Windwitch (#2) by Susan Dennard. I really enjoyed Truthwitch and thought I would enjoy this one. I really like Merik’s POV but didn’t really care for anyone else in the story.
6. Biggest surprise?
- I actually have two for this one. Toward the beginning of the year I really enjoyed Forest of a thousand lanterns (#1) by Julie C. Dao. i’m not usually a big fan of retellings but I really enjoyed this one.
- Another one that I really enjoyed was Lock in (#1) by John Scalzi. Even though some of the tech did get a little complicated it was an interesting and unique read. I would definitely recommend this one.
7. Favorite New author?
- Probably Bethany Griffin. I read The fall back in June and really enjoyed it. I feel like I have tried some of her other works before but if I did it was probably when I was back in high school.
8. Newest fictional crush?
- I don’t really have one for this one.
9. Newest favorite character?
- M. Savage from Alive (#1) by Scott Sigler. I looked at the summary for this one when I first started it and then having to double check it again while I was reading it. I didn’t have any idea that this novel was going to go into the direction that it went but it turned out to be a good thing. I’m definitely looking forward to continuing the trilogy.
10. Book that made you cry?
- The shadow glass (#3) by Rin Chupeco. This was my most anticipated book of the year and I was kind of expecting the ending to go the way that it did but it still surprised me at the same time.
11. book that made you happy?
- Right where I belong by Kristen McGee. I read this at the very beginning of the year in January and was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It is a YA christian novel which i haven’t seen many of. I actually found this one on my Overdrive account when I was looking for a good standalone to read. It also helped with some challenges that I was working on at the time as well.
12. Favorite book to movie adaptation you saw this year?
- I haven’t really watched many movies this year other than Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame. For book to movie releases I haven’t seen any since Wonder I think.
13. Favorite review that you wrote this year?
- I sadly have not been writing reviews this year. I have some planned for the next couple of months along with some mini reviews.
14. Most beautiful book that you have bought this year?
- I don’t get to buy many books unfortunately, but for my birthday I bought The last magician (#1) and The Devil’s thief (#2) by Lisa Maxwell. I really like both book covers.
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Waaay too many, lol. I do have 5 that I really want to get to but it all depends on my school schedule and my mood.
- The secret commonwealth (#2) by Philip Pullman.
- Raging star (#3) by Moira Young – tried to get to this over the summer but ran out of time to read it due to school starting. I’ll get to it someday.
- Batman: Nightwalker (#2) by Moira Young – looking forward to this one since Batman is my favorite DC superhero.
- Firefight (#2) by Brandon Sanderson
- Hero at the fall (#3) by Alwyn Hamilton
So this is what I have for this year. I haven’t been able to read quite as much as I have wanted to due to school, but I have read quite a few that were interesting.
I hope you guys have a good week!