Hello, and welcome to the first TBR of the new year!
I hope you guys are having a great weekend so far. It’s been pretty laid back over here as things from the holidays have mostly calmed down. We have one more party to go to tonight, but after that it seems that things will be back to normal or at least as normal as it gets with school starting back up a week from Monday. I plan to do as much reading as possible if I can between now and the time that I have to go back as this semester is going to be a busy one.
This month I plan to read all of the books that I had tried to start in December, but never got to. I tend to overly ambitious toward the end of the year and add too many books to my list though in the past I have been able to finish most of them. This past year has been an incredibly busy year with a lot of changes so I wasn’t able to get in as much reading as I wanted to. It was still a pretty good year for reading and I am super excited to see where this year leads me.
Books I own:
- Blood of elves (#1) by Andrzej Sapkowski – I read the first two novellas in this series almost back to back but for some reason I wasn’t able to get into this one yet. This month I really want to finish it though and continue the series as I have the boxed set of the first three books. I’ve also started the series on Netflix and hope to continue it this week.
- A feast for crows (#4) by George R.R. Martin – I started this one back in December and was having a hard time getting into it with the new characters so I am hoping that it picks up. I also want to read A dance with dragons this year so I can get caught up with this series.
Books for review:
- Lost Hills (#1) by Lee Goldberg – I got this one through Amazon first reads. I’m finding that some of these books are really interesting and so far this one seems like it will be one that I will enjoy.
- Home: A dystopian journey by David Kummer – I got this one through Voracious Readers only and haven’t really been able to get to it even though it is a short novel. Its really interesting so far though.
- You’ll miss me when I’m gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon – This was from my December pile and I am not very far in, but it is very interesting so far. I”m hoping to finish it by the end of the weekend hopefully.
- The way I used to be by Amber Smith – This was another book from my December TBR of library books. For some reason a lot of the books that I picked up in December had big topics in them (I’m not sure on this though) and i was going to start this before the holidays but decided to put it off until after the new year. I’ve read a few pages of it and it is definitely going to be a tough one to read so it might be a couple of days before I get to it.
- Freeing yourself from Anxiety: 4 simple steps to overcome worry and create the life you want by Tamar E. Chansky – This was added to my list just this afternoon so I can start it over the weekend. This past summer my anxiety spiked right when I started the fall semester and thats when I realized that I needed to do something about it so it didn’t overcome my personal and school life. I’ve also had some big things going on over the past few month so my grandparent’s actually found this for me to pick up. I’ve heard a lot of good things about it, so we shall see how it goes.
- Sinner (#4) by Maggie Stiefvater – I’ve been trying to read this one for the last couple of years or so, and always seems to be one of the last books that I pick up before it has to be taken back to the library again. This month I plan to finish this one which will definitely help with a few challenges that I am working on as well. Cole was probably my favorite character out of the entire wolves of mercy falls series so hopefully things will pick up soon.
- Holding up the universe by Jennifer Niven – I’m not quite sure what to think of this one. I’m really sure if I like Livvy or not, but I do like Jack’s POV more. It’s still iffy on whether or not I will enjoy more than I am, but I do plan to finish it as it is another one of those that I plan to finish this month as I have been trying to read it since 2018.
- Grim Tuesday (#2) by Garth Nix – I read Mister Monday (#1) last year for a challenge and thought it was all right so I decided to put the entire series on my Goodreads shelf. I haven’t been able to get to this one yet but we’ll see how it goes.
- Every heart a doorway (#1) by Seanan McGuire – I’ve heard a lot of things about this series and I thought I would go ahead and try it out. I’m a bit skeptical of it, but the series seems to get better after this one so I am willing to give it a try. Its all right so far and pretty short, so I am hoping to finish it over the next couple of days.
So this is my TBR for the month. My next post is looking back on 2019 and my 2020 goals/resolutions. This year is going to be a busy one, but I also want to try out some new things this year to try and get my blog back on track.
Hope you guys have a good weekend!