Hello, I hope you guys are having a great Tuesday Morning. Its been chillier here than normal, but its supposed to get back up into the upper 80s again by the end of the week. I have this week off before I start work during the week again next week, so I’d thought I would get some long overdue posts out before things got busy again. I plan to have my May Wrap-up posted by tomorrow or Wednesday and I have 3 other readathons that I need to post as well over the next day or so.
For this post, I’m linking up to the Bout of Books readathon that runs from the 11th of May to May 17th. Its been over a year since I’ve last done one of these, but thought I would jump in since this is one of the quietest weeks I’ve had in a while. It’s definitely a nice break from the last few weeks of school and finals.
“The Bout of Books readathon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It’s a weeklong readathon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 11th and runs through Sunday, May 17th in YOUR time zone. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are daily challenges, Twitter chats, and exclusive Instagram challenges, but they’re all completely optional. For Bout of Books 28 information and updates, visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team”
I don’t really have a set list of books to read for this challenge, as I am mostly just trying to get back into reading after finals finished last week. I’m off this week, though I do have a couple of homework assignments for my summer class that started on Monday. It’s pretty low key from the spring semester, I will have a good amount of homework to do during the week.
Books I want to focus on this week:
- The well of ascension (#2) by Brandon Sanderson – Reading this one for a buddy read for a monthly readathon that I am in this month. I’ve started it, but haven’t gotten very far yet.
- Pretty girls by Karen Slaughter – I’ve heard a lot about this book and wanted to give it a try since I am getting back into mystery and horror novels.
- Soul of the sword (#2) by Julie Kagawa – I just finished Shadow of the fox for my O.W.L.S. readathon from last month as it was the only book I couldn’t get to in April. I loved it so much I decided to pick up this one as well.
- Tess of the road (#1) by Rachel Hartman – I’m not sure if I will get to this one yet, but I at least want to start it.
- A feast for crows (#4) by George R.R. Martin – Another that I want to at least start this week. I”m currently reading it for Tome Topple since I’ve been trying to read it for the last year or so. Hopefully, this might give me more motivation to pick it up.
- Con academy by Joe Schreiber – I thought I would throw in a short book just in case I feel that I don’t want to pick up any of the others after the well of ascension.
So, this is my list of books for this week. Most of them I probably won’t finish in a week, but I’m hoping to make a lot of progress with them. I’ll try to update at least every other day.